Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Code - Car doesn´t turn on

Hi,
    I´m new in these forum, and new on S2 too. I have already bought the car.
    So, I was testing all fuses!

The problems occurs when I tryed to turn the machine on today morning. The key code indicator is on, on the painel and the car could not be turned on.
    Well, I need to introduce the code of my key again on car, similar when you change the battery.

Anyone know how to proced?

Thanks a lot,
    Rafael Pinto
    Audi S2 1994/1995 Avant - Black
    Audi RS2 1994/1995 - Black

Is that an aftermaket alarm you have on it?
    Rob W
    04 Audi S4 Avant
    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Aftermarket alarm

No, it´s the system of MOTRONIC that verify the key code in the exactly moment when you will start the car...

If it doesn´t not correctly, the fuel injection shutt down the fuel suplyment!

In my case, I hope that I have erased this information on the central of Motronic, similar if I will change the battery.

I think that has like a code, for example, turn the key 3 times and than press the brake! Like it!!!!

Thanks,
      Rafael Pinto

Comment

Hey Everbody,

You may not belive what was the problem!!!!

When I have opened the key, to verify the battery, The chip has falled on the floor! And without chip, you can´t turn your car on!!!!

So..

Thank´s for help!

Reguards,
        Rafael Pinto

Comment

imob

Do all s2,s have this? Im im getting a engine ecu and loom for a urq conversion. Do i need a key,imobiliser etc? Whats the best way arround this. Thanks,des.

Comment

Good to hear you are ok Rafael!! that has happened before to other cars!!

Not all our cars had the chips. I'd say 'losely' that from 94 onwards the S2 had the chips 'roughly'. You often find that the keys have a chip inside, but the car is not factory immobilised (as is my S2!) if the car is factory with it, then there would be a black plastic 'ring' around the back of the ignition barrel which is the read coil for the chip in the key.

You should also be able to work out if the ECU is an imobiliser type from the part number on it.

HTH
            Martyn
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

imob

Thanks, will have a look 2 see if the ignition barrel has the reader.

Comment

If it has got the reader then you'll be needing an immobiliser code. I can sort this for you when the time comes.

Ben
                the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

I am a little confused (no news there then!)

I have a 1995 S2.
                  My ECU was Immo equipped (Part number ending in 'B' not 'A').
                  I never used the remote control key (I chaned the B pillars to remove the IR sensor).
                  I use the immobiliser and remote locking that comes with my CAT1 alarm instead.
                  Since I bought the car I only used the spare key which looks too thin to contain a chip and is not powered in any way.
                  My car now no longer has the Immo thanks to Mihnea and things still work fine.
                  When Mihnea removed my Immo, the Immo light used to stay on in the dash. I was too lazy to remove the Immo module. I blew up my ECU (cos I'm a plonker!) and now have an RS2 ECU. Why has my Immo light gone out now in the instrument binnacle (as my Immo box is still plugged in)?

So, the reason why I am confused is:
                  I had an immo equipped car and I could use a key which apparently does not contain a chip....the 'spare/valet' key.
                  Is the chip tiny and powered by induction when you shove it in the barrel? If yes then I am no longer bemused!! LOL!

Also, how did fitting a (slightly altered) RS2 ECU permenantly disable the Immo light in the instrument cluster when the Immo box is still plugged in to my loom?

Lee
                  1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                  Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Mmmm - I have the immobiliser symbol occasionally flashing at me, while I'm driving the car - I have to stop and start to get rid of it - I could do with it being disabled as that gets on my ****. Can vag-com disable it? I do get an intermitant immobilser fault code.
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I had the same thing on a customers Vauxhall Astra. The car would not start and when we checked the inside of the key it had no chip. The customer didn't tell us that he had dropped his key and it fell apart in a shop, then it wouldn't start.
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
                        Is the chip tiny and powered by induction when you shove it in the barrel? If yes then I am no longer bemused!! LOL!

Lee
                        Quite correct. It's basically a glass or plastic tube about 10mm long and 2mm in diameter. It contains a coil of wire that distorts the field around the barrel.

I've got a couple of chips on my desk (albeilt the newer W3 rolling code version) but no camera at work.

Ben
                        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

imob

Good stuff. The imob can be removed from the ecu then with a chip? If the ecu code ends with a B then it has a imob, yes? thanks again.

Comment

I'm not going to discuss the technical ins and outs of ECU and IMMO interworking on this open forum - for obvious reasons.

In essence, an 'immo' ECU needs to talk to a factory IMMO for the car to start, but IMMO equipped cars can work quite happily without an 'immo' ECU - but obviously you lose the factory immobiliser. Thats why Lee's car runs fine on a non-immo RS2 ECU.

I prefer to keep the immo interworking on ABY and RS2 upgrades but it can be deleted if necessary - say to workaround a known fault factory fitted IMMO.

I can recode keys on your IMMO if you like. I have the factory info on this. Doubt that dealers would charge less than 70 quid for that, but I will be a lot cheaper than that

Cheers,

Paul
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hey folks,

I will take a foto from the Chip that started all this discussion when it falls on the floor!

For an example, my immo code is: AUZ9Z0R8088862
                              Do not have any letter "B" at the end!!!

The dimensions sended is almost that, the chip is like a grain of rice!

I don´t know, but S2 has a relay into your car, behind the airbag from the passenger, that is disarmed when the key code is incorrect.
                              If anybody has this problem, can try to find this relay and try to jump it!

Here, in Brasil, the key-maker, can make a copy from your key, and he has a lot of kind of chips, that he can recode them to accept on your car.

Price: R$200,00 - something about U$66,00
                              At Audi, you need to pay: R$ 1017,00 for one key - something about U$340,00!

TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!

So... I hope that tomorrow can I send for you the foto from that "stuped" chip!!!

Regurads,
                              Rafael Pinto

Comment

Working...
                              X